Friday, October 22, 2010

Stop the hate

I'm sort of tired of DJ'ing weddings. At the same time I'm hearing about the abuse and humiliation of GLBT youth. its 2010 no one has the right to bully just because of sexual orientation that's so socially backwards.

So I'm going to start a support group inside of my basement. I'm non-profit, money is nice but commercialization is a turn off when it comes to things like this. Gay, lesbian ,bisexual, transgendered youngsters can meet in my basement to connect with each other, share experiences, and overall support. I will be the group leader, I've got good people skills (I think) and I'm skilled at talking to people of all different backgrounds.

I myself identify as a straight man but that doesn't mean I have some less common or off the wall preference. Live and let live, we live in a huge world of many different sexual orientations and preferences don't be mean to someone because they're different from you.

There is a girl who lives in my neighborhood who didn't fit in comfortably with her age group. She is 17 years old. She admired elderly ladies, their looks, the stories they told, etc. So she pursued Age Change Therapy. That would be kind of like a sex change, only it involves taking pills to age your body rapidly rather than transition into the opposite sex. I watched this girl become the old lady who she truly was, and it broke her family members hearts. "I'm being me", she said in a croaky old voice near the end of her transition. It touched my heart. She now has the body and mannerisms of a 70 year old woman. Of course many bullies have been after her over this decision, but she can usually defend herself with mace and she carries a whistle to blow for help. I've even cracked some of the bullies heads open myself.

This will be more volunteer work to take up my time, but it should be fine because I really enjoy keeping busy. I don't really have close friends (except for animals) so it shouldn't be too bad.

Some other volunteer work I do includes being a coach for the Special Olympics, washing dishes at an old folks home, and I'm a janitor at the national headquarters for the Aryan Nations and Ku Klux Klan. (those guys have the best bar b ques and I make it to those every time!)

No comments: